05 August 2013

Creativity Journal - Day 16 (Stamping)

Make a unique print by cutting up a potato or sponge, and use it to stamp on a material of your choice.
 
Again, I’ve been missing in action. The good news is that my creativity continues, even if my blogging is somewhat erratic. Today’s challenge fester in the back of my mind as I completed some paid work (woohoo), drafted an essay for uni, created three 80s costumes for a theme party, and generally kept up with off-line living.

My efforts do not reflect either of my themes, but are in keeping with my ‘create no clutter’. We had a birthday party to attend. I have a box full of gift bags and paper shop bags. The plan was to buy a five cent washing up sponge, cut it, paint it, and stamp a paper bag to use as a gift bag. If the bag has a shop name on it, a piece of card with the recipient’s name or “happy birthday” covers it and you’re good to go.

Naturally, I didn’t take any photos of the finished product. I was too busy admiring the effect of the dish sponge. I used ordinary acrylic paint – silver on brown paper. To get an even image, I used one of my Perspex stamping blocks to push the sponge down; I didn’t bother attaching the sponge. When I was finished, I decided that washing out the sponge to store and reuse would use more water than it was worth, so some small clutter.

five cent sponges (well, sort of, nothing's five cents anymore)

Star cut out

Paint, silver acrylic

presser

Stamped bag. A name tag was placed over the shop's stamp.

Close up. Isn't that fun?

Another close up

No comments: