19 November 2009

Slow week

Haven't been posting; haven't been doing a lot of creativity. It's just been so unpleasantly HOT. I love hot, but not this hot. I have been 'dabbling'; keeping up the five minute rule. Most of my creativity has involved "angel bling". Blingy things for angels at the Christmas carols. Spray paint some flowers, glue on some glitter, play with some ribbons.

I have bought myself a Janome 350E embroidery only machine :-)) I pick it up sometime next week. I've very excited. To quote Hawkeye Piece "Goody, goody, goody. A movie. I'm so excited I could plotz." (Although it's not a movie, it's real life!) Funny thing about that quote. The sentiment is often appropriate except for that word "plotz". According to the dictionary it means to be excited, to faint from excitement. But growing up I'm sure it meant "number twos". So, I never feel quite comfortable saying it out loud.

Not a lot of creativity will happen over the weekend. Going south to attend my pop's (grand-dad's) memorial service. I feel for my nan, who I'm sure is struggling to come to terms with the end of a 70 year old relationship.

No comments: