14 October 2009

Undoing

My creativity today consisted of starting to undo work already done. Originally on my initial "T" block for "T for Thomas" I stitched a teal. The stitching was quite good really, but I didn't particularly like the teal and teals look much like ducks. (It's a long story why the teal in the first place).

This afternoon I started unpicking the teal. It's taking longer than expected because its hard to trace where hand stitching goes, but I'm almost finished.

I've found that sometimes you have to deal with something that bugs you to enable you to move forward. Sometimes that means undoing, sometimes it means simply accepting that 'perfect' is a pipe dream.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

"I've found that sometimes you have to deal with something that bugs you to enable you to move forward"

How true is that! How many times have I stalled because I hit a knotty problem and couldn't solve it? 6 months ago a smoke would have fix the problem (thinking space) - now I don't smoke and have lost that think space. Ah well - not smoking must be better for me.

You are taking steps forward, even if they feel like backwards! Good girl.

Hugz

Birdydownunder said...

now would you be a perfectionist by any chance. evbg