26 October 2009

Busy Weekend

We had a full weekend. Lots of creative activity. Saturday I worked on T for Thomas in the morning. Later in the afternoon we went to the Jacaranda Festival; a local fair. In the evening we went to the Planetarium. Unfortunately, it was pretty cloudy so we didn't get to see the real stars. Saw a great star show in the dome though and got some contacts for The Girl to learn how to use her telescope.

Sunday morning we visited a church on the north side. I met Graham & Sheila Woodward about 20 years ago in Victoria. Although our time together was brief, they made an impression on my life. Our church was away for the weekend, so we took the opportunity to go visiting.

Afterwards, we visited other friends on the east side of town. We ended spending the rest of the day with them. It was a good afternoon. I came home and went to bed. No "artistic" creativity on Sunday; but lots of inspiration. Some lovely quilted wall hangings in the church and some wonderful dramatic presentations. And some inspired conversations in the afternoon.

Today I have created a card for my friend whom we visited on Sunday afternoon. The photos are brilliant (I was been "hurried up" to play cards). The flower is a larger image behind an aperture in the front of the card. The verse is 1 Corinthians 2:9 No eye has seen, no ear has heard, no mind has conceived what God has prepared for those who love him.




I had a realisation today on the way home from a very draining day at work. Since April I have spent the vast majority of my work day buried in programing a database. Database programming is very logical and analytical. Today I tracing numbers; it's complicated to explain but suffice to know that there's LOTS of numbers and NO art LOL.

I considered that maybe I need some means of clicking from left brain to right brain when I get home. Maybe the 'forced' five minutes of creativity is enough; I'm not sure. I know there are exercises that are supposed to engage both sides of the brain. It's something I plan on investigating.

No comments: